Tri Training- 15 Swim 30 Min "Run"
Bfast: Green Smoothie
Snack: 1/2 Grapefruit and Muffin
Lunch: Turkey wrap, cottage cheese + cantaloupe, pretzels, jello
Snack: Carrots and Hummus, grapes
Dinner: Tortilla Pizza made with left over spaghetti sauce + best salad ever.
You'll notice the run in my workout is in quotes today. That's because I'm taking some time off from running (again) to calf heal. I really want to be able to sign up for a half this summer so I'm needing this to completely go away. I'm not that concerned with the running portion of the triathalon- it's just a 5k. If all goes to plan I might try the couch to 5k in April (really? I'm back there?) Just for force myself to take it slow. For now- I'm rocking the cross training. For my swim workout today I'm going to attempt this-
I woke up 30 minutes earlier today and it was amazing. Since spring break I have been hitting snooze like 10 times and rushing to fit in my work out plus get ready for work. I feel NO more tired today and I have plenty of time this morning to workout, spend some time in prayer, and get ready.
My green smoothie was MUCH better this morning. I added in a little almond milk, and blended it longer so it was creamy and delicious. Lunch today was also great! I feel like I eat SO much. I mean it's
I've been thinking a lot lately about my "Leap List." This actually isn't a term I had heard before I saw it on The Bachelor. (see- there is a point to the show!) Basically it's like a bucket list- but instead of the things you'd like to do before you die, it's the things you'd like to do before your next big life event. For me, my next big life event is probably having babies. The fact that that is even on the horizon is kind of freaking me out, but I guess I'm getting old! Now, this isn't something that is happening anytime soon. Nat and I want to enjoy being married for a while longer (not that we won't enjoy being married once we have kids, lol) but I'd say it's something we'd at least consider in the next 2 -3 years. So here are the things I've thought of that are on my leap list before that happens.
1) Travel back to Italy. I lived in Italy in college and I HAVE to go back with Nat while we can. We are hoping to go next summer.
2) Run a Marathon. WHAT? Who am I? Honestly, I'm still working through this one. Is it reasonable? Can I really do it? (without killing myself)
3) Have a positive body image no matter what size I am. This is a big one. I know it sounds super cheesy, but before I get preggo I better learn to love me. I never want my future daughter to see me modeling bad behaviors. I need to be 100% happy and whole with myself before I bring another person into this world.
4) Go on a mission trip w/ Nat. I haven't been on a mission trip since college, and I've never done one with Nat. I'd really like for us to experience that together.
5) Get a Dog. I want a dog SO bad. I think I want a Mini Golden Doodle, but Oh Vislas are so cute too. Before this happens we need a house (not a condo) Which brings me to #6
|I mean really, Does it get any cuter?|
|Maybe so- Look at this one- I DIE.|
|This one will do just fine.|
So there are my Leaps! Hopefully I'll be able to mark some off the list as the blog evolves!
Do you have a leap list? What is on it?
What's your vote- Golden doodle or Visla?